There was excitement, entertainment and lots of shared insights at the CxOutsourcers industry webinar on April 8, 2021 when the Top 5 Most Favored Offshore CX Delivery Points of 2021 were unveiled. Hosted by Peter Ryan and Mark Angus, the webinar revealed the preferred destinations that were ranked and scored by over 628 enterprise contact center strategic decision-makers in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States in the Global Front Office BPO Omnibus Survey by Ryan Strategic Advisory.
Over 200 webinar participants from 44 countries watched as South Africa was announced as the most favored offshore CX delivery location in 2021, after three consecutive years in 2nd place. You can view the webinar here.
South Africa placed first out of 53 different locations, according to survey participants in the US and Canada. It tied for first place with India among British respondents and was a strong second in Australia. It also had a very respectable showing in Germany. Aggressive promotional campaigns in key demand markets by South Africa’s CX services stakeholders are certainly a factor in this country’s first-place showing. So, too, is the view among enterprise CX buyers that South Africa is a high-quality service delivery destination.
India, which took first place in 2020, drops to second this year. Notwithstanding the ongoing surge of interest in the world’s longest-serving offshore delivery point, India was pipped at the post by South Africa’s 2021 showing among western enterprise CX buyers. That said, it is clear that this overseas destination is here to stay for contact center service buyers.
Poland, the Philippines and Malaysia
One of the strongest performances in this year’s offshore favorability rankings comes from the European nearshore. Poland rises from 5th place last year, tying for 3rd alongside the Philippines and Malaysia among 2021 survey respondents. Much of this showing owes to Poland’s solid survey performance in the UK, Germany and Italy. Anecdotal evidence has been pointing to significant interest in the European nearshore for some time, and Poland is top of mind in this regard.
Shut out of the top 5 most favored offshore CX delivery locations last year, Egypt makes its return to this prestigious group in a strong 2021 comeback, claiming 4th place. Driven by a reputation for high-quality multilingualism, and technologically adept agents, the interest that Egyptian CX delivery continues to garner from enterprise buyers in key demand markets was evident in this year’s study.
Northern Ireland rounds out the top 5 in 2021. This destination’s especially strong performance across the UK and continental Europe cements its reputation as a niche multilingual hub that has proven the value of investment for some of the most well-known global BPO players.
The webinar included a panel of analysts, experts and influencers who debated and discussed the top locations.
- Melissa O’Brien Research Vice President, Customer Engagement, Retail and Travel Strategies at HFS Research.
- Stephen Loynd Principal and Chief Analyst TrendzOwl and world renowned CX and digitalization expert.
- Andrew Wrobel Founding Partner, Strategy and Content Emerging Europe a London-based intelligence, news and community platform.
- Marianne Rutz Principal or Rutz Consulting who helps multilingual contact centres turn around their frontline operations. She is also an accomplished podcaster and speaker.
- Jon Yarlett Publisher of Intelligent Sourcing a leading publication built on independent editorial from true thought leaders.
- Traci Freeman: a seasoned Global Business Services and Impact Sourcing who is also a partner in CxOutsourcers.